A look back at 2016
- M&A mega-deals create more value now than ever before – Dr George Alexandridis & PhD Nick Antypas
- New research grant: How do retail investors make financial decisions? – Professor Chris Brooks
- Neither teaching qualifications nor elite research valued by students – Professors Adrian Bell and Chris Brooks
These are just a few examples of the research our academics have been involved with this year.
Visit our academic profile pages to find out more about individual research. Our academics have been praised for their contributions to research as well as student experience.
- Professor Chris Brooks, Dr Yeqin Zeng, and PhD Zhong Chen were awarded Best Corporate Finance Paper 2016
- Dr Ioannis Oikonomou was awarded a Teaching Excellence Award by students
Not only have our academics been highly regarded, but the ICMA Centre's finance degrees have positioned very well in global rankings.
- Financial Times world top 40 and UK top 10 for Masters in Finance
- UK top 10 for Accounting and Finance undergraduate programmes
- 96% student satisfaction for Finance undergraduate course teaching
View all our latest rankings Our expertise is valued the world over. That’s why media from across the globe look to ICMA Centre academics to comment on current news and events.
- BBC World Business Report: discussing Italy’s banking crisis – Dr Andreas Hoepner
- Bloomberg: “More and More Bond Trading Is Being Done Under the Same Roof" - Professor Biran Scott-Quinn
- Times Higher Education: ‘Biased’ students give BME academics lower NSS scores, says study – Professors Adrian Bell and Chris Brooks
View more media stories on our academic profile pages. It’s not just the academics who have experienced successes over the past year, our students have also had a great year and there have been some amazing achievements from them.
- Chenxu’s Brexit plan becomes the only UK undergrad submission featured in the FT’s “Future of Britain” project
- Students win summer graduation achievement awards
- Beijing study trip: My top 4 experiences from my trip to Tsinghua University
|Published||21 December 2016|
You might also like
M&A Mega-Deals Create More Value Now than Ever Before
New ICMA Centre research by Dr George Alexandridis and PhD Nikolaos Antypas reveals mergers and acquisitions (M&As) create more value now than they ever have done before.
ICMA Centre graduate and senior research fellow publish article in The Moscow Times
Ian Pryde, a graduate of the MSc International Securities, Investment and Banking in 2000, and Stephen Wells, Senior Research Fellow at the ICMA Centre, Henley Business School have had their article 'Building a Global Finance Center' published in The Moscow Times - Russia's only English Language daily newspaper.
Can entropy be used to forecast risk?
Dr Emese Lazar, Dr Alfonso Dufour and Daniel Traian Pele publish new paper 'Information entropy and measures of market risk', which describes how entropy as a financial model can be used to forecast value-at-risk (VaR). Dr Emese Lazar discusses the paper below: