- M&A mega-deals create more value now than ever before – Dr George Alexandridis & PhD Nick Antypas
- New research grant: How do retail investors make financial decisions? – Professor Chris Brooks
- Neither teaching qualifications nor elite research valued by students – Professors Adrian Bell and Chris Brooks
These are just a few examples of the research our academics have been involved with this year.
Visit our academic profile pages to find out more about individual research. Our academics have been praised for their contributions to research as well as student experience.
- Professor Chris Brooks, Dr Yeqin Zeng, and PhD Zhong Chen were awarded Best Corporate Finance Paper 2016
- Dr Ioannis Oikonomou was awarded a Teaching Excellence Award by students
Not only have our academics been highly regarded, but the ICMA Centre's finance degrees have positioned very well in global rankings.
- Financial Times world top 40 and UK top 10 for Masters in Finance
- UK top 10 for Accounting and Finance undergraduate programmes
- 96% student satisfaction for Finance undergraduate course teaching
View all our latest rankings Our expertise is valued the world over. That’s why media from across the globe look to ICMA Centre academics to comment on current news and events.
- BBC World Business Report: discussing Italy’s banking crisis – Dr Andreas Hoepner
- Bloomberg: “More and More Bond Trading Is Being Done Under the Same Roof" - Professor Biran Scott-Quinn
- Times Higher Education: ‘Biased’ students give BME academics lower NSS scores, says study – Professors Adrian Bell and Chris Brooks
View more media stories on our academic profile pages. It’s not just the academics who have experienced successes over the past year, our students have also had a great year and there have been some amazing achievements from them.
- Chenxu’s Brexit plan becomes the only UK undergrad submission featured in the FT’s “Future of Britain” project
- Students win summer graduation achievement awards
- Beijing study trip: My top 4 experiences from my trip to Tsinghua University