Practice Centred Approach
Our Masters programmes are uniquely designed to equip students with key employability skills in demand by the global finance industry. The programmes’ practice-oriented approach includes a number of finance education innovations aiming to provide students with a skill set that sets them apart from graduates of other finance programmes.
The Centre’s Masters in Finance programmes were ranked in 2018 among the UK’s top 10 for its Masters programmes (Financial Times Masters in Finance Ranking). They have also achieved 91% overall student satisfaction at the Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES), among the highest in the country for a finance programme area.
The ICMA Centre is a pioneer in finance education and renowned for its strong links with the financial services industry. This is also reflected in the fact that several leading professional bodies including the CFA, CISI, GARP and ICS validate our Masters programmes and offer exam exemptions to our students.
Candidates also benefit from state-of-the-art facilities and the latest technology and are taught by world-renowned faculty and industry experts. Our innovative teaching and learning environment, including trading and financial analysis simulations, the latest financial data and programming software and three dealing rooms –one of the largest facilities of its kind in Europe – provides an ideal setting for understanding how businesses and markets function in practice.
Participants benefit from a dedicated in-house careers development programme available year round to support our students and alumni take ownership of their careers. This includes unlimited 1:1 appointments with careers consultants, hosting employer and guest speaker events in a weekly basis, supporting students with their applications and running workshops where students learn important skills.
Tier 4 visa pilot scheme
The University of Reading is pleased to have been selected by the Home Office to take part in a small pilot scheme, which provides Master’s level students the opportunity to benefit from a streamlined visa application process, and six months extra time on their Tier 4 visa to look for work.
The pilot scheme will cover Tier 4 visa applications made for entry in the academic year 2019/20. Find out more on the University of Reading website.
- The ICMA Centre is one of only a few CFA University Affiliates in the UK. MSc Investment Management students have the opportunity to study for the CFA Level 1 alongside their degree.
- We are an accredited Centre of Excellence of the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI)
- Students are also eligible for exemptions from other professional bodies including ICMA, PRMIA and ICS.
Our Masters Degrees
We offer a range of innovative specialist degrees tailored to different career paths within the financial services industry and a choice of joint-programmes offering combined expertise with other areas of the Business school. All of our programmes are taught full time on either a 9 month or 12 month option.
- NEW- MSc Finance and Financial Technology (FinTech) from September 2019
- MSc Behavioural Finance
- MSc Capital Markets, Regulation and Compliance
- MSc Corporate Finance
- MSc Economics and Finance
- MSc Financial Engineering
- MSc Financial Risk Management
- MSc International Shipping and Finance
- MSc International Securities, Investment and Banking
- MSc Investment Management
Joint degrees with Henley Business School
The ICMA Centre also delivers part of other specialist Henley Business School degrees:
- MSc International Business and Finance
- MSc Real Estate Finance
- MSc Entrepreneurship and Financing
- MSc Accounting and Finance
Joint degrees with University of Reading
The ICMA Centre also teaches modules in collaboration with the University of Reading’s Law Department: