The scholarships are awarded primarily on the basis of evidence of academic excellence and relevant placement exposure or work experience.
To apply for one of our Master's scholarships:
- First, submit your application for one of our ICMA Centre Master's in Finance programmes, click here to view our programmes and apply
- Check that you are eligible to apply for your chosen scholarship by looking at the criteria below
- Fill out the scholarship application form and submit your application
The scholarships are for 2020/21 MSc applicants only. See below for scholarship terms and conditions.
Applications for 2020/21 are now open
ICMA Centre scholarships
As well as our dedicated ICMA Centre scholarships, there are also a number of other opportunities available that students can take advantage of.
The Vetiva Prize
This prize is for the highest achieving full-time MSc student from Africa graduating from the ICMA Centre, University of Reading. The prize includes a £1000, which will be presented upon graduation. The winner may be offered work opportunities with Vetiva and other Investment Banking firms that operate within the African Continent.
- The ICMA Centre will identify suitable recipients based on their examination performance and participation during the academic year;
- Applicants for the prize, may be asked to submit a short essay on a topic relating to African Financial Development (the precise title will be determined annually by the ICMA Centre);
- In the event of two or more candidates being ranked equally, Vetiva may then require an interview by the short listed candidates.
Winner in 2017: Jean-Claude Frappier
ICMA Centre and ALBA Graduate Business School Academic Achievement Prize for MSc International Shipping and Finance
The ICMA Centre awards a prize of £500 each year to the student who achieves the highest mark in MSc International Shipping and Finance.
ICMA Centre Undergraduate Academic Achievement Prize
Each year the Centre awards a prize of £500 to the final year BSc student who achieves the highest mark for their degree.
ICMA Centre Postgraduate Academic Achievement Prize
Similarly to the Undergraduate Academic Achievement, the ICMA Centre also awards a prize of £500 to the student who achieves the highest mark across all ICMA Centre Master’s Programmes.
Terms & conditions
Scholarship applications are reviewed by the Henley Business School Scholarship Panel who will base their decisions on a range of factors including academic excellence and the degree to which the student has demonstrated their suitability for an award. Scholarship offers are made as fee reductions/waives. The exact scheduling of those may be obtained from us upon request. If applicants are offered multiple awards, only one can be accepted. Scholarship offers are being made for the current academic year and will only be confirmed for offer holders who have paid their deposits.
The award itself is an excellent addition to your CV and as an ICMA Centre Scholar you will have the opportunity to participate in events and share your experience with prospective candidates.