Students win summer graduation achievement awards
This year particular mention goes to final year BSc Finance & Investment Banking student Dina Ghanma, who won 4 separate prizes including the WCIB prize which was presented by their representative Stephen Clark.
Full list of award winners:
- James Burke: ICMA Centre Best Performance at Part 1
- Xin Lu: ICMA Centre Best Performance at Part 2
- Dina Ghanma: ICMA Centre Best` Performance at Part 3, Dean’s Excellence Award for top performer, Outstanding Contribution to Finance and Investment Banking Programme over 3 years, The Worshipful Company of International Bankers (WCIB) prize
- Sean Harper: Outstanding Contribution to Finance and Investment Banking Programme over 3 years
Ke Ma: Highest Achiever Award
- Dimitrios Vlissidis: ICMA Centre & ALBA Graduate School Academic Achievement for MSc International Shipping & Finance 2016
- Ahmed Tarek Kamel: Vetiva prize
- Yue Shu: Chartered Institute for Securities and Investments (CISI) Educational Trust award
|Published||26 July 2016|
You might also like
New Blog: #BalanceforBetter: The Case and Choice of Flexible Working
What could a flexible workplace offer to its employees? Dr Miriam Marra discusses previous research on flexible working and working remotely.
Institutional investors, business and the public good from transactions to relations by Colin Melvin
Colin joined Hermes Fund Managers in 2002 and became CEO of Hermes Equity Ownership Services in 2005. Colin provides advice and assistance to pension funds and other institutional investors in the areas of responsible asset management, corporate governance, voting and engagement. He is currently an Associate of the Centre for Corporate Governance Research of the University of Birmingham and a non-executive director of Aedas Europe, an architectural firm. Colin is currently an active member of various industry steering groups and committees including those of the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment Initiative (for which he was the first Chair), Tomorrow’s Company Inquiry into Corporate Ownership, the Work Foundation Panel of Inquiry into Work and Enterprise, the Global Institutional Governance Network, the Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change and the International Corporate Governance Network. Previously, Colin was Corporate Governance Manager and Secretary to the Ethics Committee at Standard Life Investments and Head of Corporate Governance and responsible investment at Baillie Gifford.
ICMA Centre’s BSc in Finance and Investment Banking becomes official CFA Program Partner
The ICMA Centre is very pleased to strengthen its relationship with the CFA Institute by having the BSc in Finance and Investment Banking recognised as a CFA program partner – in addition to the pre-existing recognition of the MSc in Investment Management.