The Finance Club has been established to promote finance related activities and careers development events for Henley Business School alumni and associates. The club caters to members with a wide variety of finance related interests – whether it is Investment Banking, Investment Management, Venture Capital/Private Equity, or Corporate Finance and Risk Management.
The Finance Club aims to enhance our relationship with alumni and keep them up-to-date with current finance developments in industry and within Henley Business School. The Club is useful for Henley alumni who have worked in / or are interested in:
- Investment, commercial and retail banking
- Investment management, hedge funds, security analysis and broking
- The finance function of industrial, commercial and service organisations
- Capital markets, trading and risk management
- Corporate finance, venture capital and corporate restructuring
- Corporate planning and consultancy, where a detailed knowledge of finance is required e.g. accountants
- Accountancy firms, regulatory bodies, legal firms, property consultants, commodity businesses and investor relations specialists requiring an in-depth understanding of finance
- Finance within the public sector and not-for-profit organisations, such as central banks, local/national governments and international organisations.
- To develop a networking powerhouse of financial expertise within the Henley Business School Finance community and the Financial Services Industry through a speaker series to foster relations with leading financial services institutions for student career guidance.
- To arrange events that deliver the latest thinking on finance subjects ranging from capital raising techniques to corporate valuation and from hedge funds to private equity blended with real life application.
- To aim to maximise contact with potential employers and business partners.
The Henley Finance Club is open to all HBS and ICMA Centre alumni. It is intended that members develop the activities of the Group, and members will be invited to provide support including speakers, white papers and sponsorship. Guests of members are welcome at events and may attend future meetings as an Associate Member. Guests and Associates will be asked to pay a differential premium price for some events. To join the club, please email¬†firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently establishing a steering committee and would be delighted to hear from interested parties.
If you have any comments or queries regarding the Henley Finance Club or have offers of venues or speaker contacts you can share, please get in touch:
Telephone: +44 (0) 1491 418 777