In Reading we offer a wide range of accommodation options. Our halls provide you with a home away from home from where you will find yourself part of a supportive community. Each hall has its own distinctive character offering a safe and secure environment in which to study, socialise and relax.
Accommodation in Reading
Here are some of the benefits of living in halls:
• Great location - All accommodation is either on, or within easy distance of campus.
• Range of accommodation options - Choose from different room types, two residency periods and catered or self-catered options.
• All inclusive rent - Includes utility bills, a basic level of contents insurance, maintenance, communal cleaning and internet access.
• Safe and secure - The halls have security patrols and CCTV. Each group of halls has a manned reception.
• Welfare support - A dedicated and experienced team of on-site staff wardens to take care of all aspects of pastoral care.
• ‘Halls hotline’ - Available 24/7, 365 days ensuring any halls related issues are dealt with quickly and efficiently.
• Community - Communal areas and Hall JCR Committees help create a sense of community and ensure a friendly and sociable environment – a great place to meet new friends! Please note that the 40-week (Oct-June) hall fee applies to MSc International Shipping and Finance students that are offered a place in student halls. Alternatively, students may consider private accommodation.
For more detailed information about individual Halls, the accommodation guarantee and application process please visit the University’s accommodation web pages.
Accommodation for International Shipping & Finance students
About 20-25 days of study as part of this programme takes place at ALBA Graduate Business School is Athens, Greece. Arrangements for accommodation for this part of the programme are facilitated by the ICMA Centre and ALBA Graduate Business Schoolat the American College of Greece during the Autumn term. Accommodation in Greece comes at an additional cost (over and above the full 40-week fee for accommodation in Reading or private accommodation) of €30 (approx £22) per day and includes
- Single occupancy bedroom in a shared 2 or 3 bedroom fully equipped apartments at the American College of Greece (ACG)
- Fully equipped kitchen (with dishes, cooking utensils etc)
- Continental style breakfast food supply in apartments
- Complimentary laundry facilities in residence
- Free wireless Internet access
- Two sets of bed linen and towels upon arrival
- Resident assistant support in residence
- Guided tour of campus
- Temporary ACG student identification cards
- Scheduled shuttle bus service to metro station
- Use of ACG athletic facilities, pool, student labs and library
- Welcome guide/info and maps
- Study abroad office staff support
For photos and information of the facilities please visit: http://www.acg.edu/housing
Students that do not wish to pay the full 40-week University of Reading accommodation fee (given that they will not be in Reading for one month) may also consider private student accommodation options in Reading.