|(Part A) Prior Self Study, (Part B) ICMA Centre
(Part B) 3 days
(Part B) 12 -14 June 2012
(Part A) ¬£500, (Part B) ¬£1,350
The Introduction to Trading provides participants with an invaluable combination of the CISI’s Introduction to Investment qualification with market practice and hands on trading, which will immerse the delegate in the world of dealing.
Delivered by the ICMA Centre and¬†Chartered Institute of Securities & Investment (CISI), the course provides delegates with an intensive, high impact course exploring how the markets work and how to trade in them.
Who is the course for?
- New market entrants and anyone hoping to establish a career in trading
- Junior traders
- Operations staff
- Middle-office employees
- Junior brokers
- Funds management employees
- Corporate treasury personnel
- Legal and compliance officers
Participants who successfully complete this course and pass the assessment exercises will receive two certificates:
- Introduction to Trading Certificate from the ICMA Centre and CISI
- CISI Introduction to Investment qualification
Part A: CISI Introduction to Investment
This qualification provides an overview of all areas of investment. It offers staff in a wide range of roles a valuable understanding of the language of the industry and provides firms with a benchmark entry level qualification.
The qualification comprises an examination of one hour’s duration based on the CISI Introduction to Investment Workbook, which is studied on an e-learning basis.
The Workbook offers comprehensive coverage of every area of the syllabus, end of chapter summaries and sample questions to ensure candidates are fully prepared before the exam. Topics include:
- Economic Environment
- Financial Assets and Markets
- Investment Funds
- Financial Services Regulation
- Investment Wrappers, Taxation and Trusts
- Investment Products
Candidates are advised to spend approximately 80 hours (3 months) studying the Workbook.
Candidates will be required to register for student membership of the CISI. More details on membership can be found at¬†cisi.org/membership.
Part B: Three Day Trading Programme
The second part of the Certificate is designed to fully immerse candidates in the world of trading. This three-day programme covers the motivations for trading in spot FX and equities including:
- The key features of spot FX and equity markets
- The major players in the both markets
- Market jargon and¬† terminology
- How to trade and make prices
- How to be an market maker
- The psychology of trading
- Dealership and order driven markets
- Risk management
- Role of technical and fundamental analysis
For more information please email¬†Leanne Ley¬†or call +44 (0)118 378 6272.